Friday, September 11, 2009

Memories old ... and new


This morning Josie and I made the trek out to my adoption agency to drop off our first post-adoption report. During this first year home, I am required to send a summary of Josie's life and progress back to Kazakhstan every six months. Then one a year until she turns 18. I see it as a positive that her birth country is concerned about her welfare. Anyway, it's a very basic report and was easy to type up, since she's glowing with health and developing like any other 16-month-old.

The fun part of this little trip (only 15 miles from home, and one of the reasons I chose this agency), was meeting up again with Chandra, my AAI adoption consultant. Chandra was my consultant from the beginning and witnessed all the ups and downs of my wait for Josie to come home. She's not only great at her job, but was always up front with me and was a huge source of support.

I was happy to see her and give congrats, as she's just gotten married ... and she was excited to meet Josie in person (as was everyone else we encountered in the office : ) Josie got to meet some new people, make an escape down a long hallway, play with new toys and show Chandra how to get a timeout from Mom.

So fun! (see how happy we are in the photo?)

No comments: