Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A day to remember!

One year ago today, Josie and I met for the first time, beginning our journey to become a family : )

People ask me what I thought when I met her for the first time. My answer is that there were no specific "thoughts," just an wonderful, all-encompassing, deep to the bottom of the soul feeling of rightness. "This is MY daughter. SHE's the one."

Apparently some families meet several children before making what must be a heart-wrenching choice. I never even thought to ask the people at the baby house if I could meet other children. Once I saw those beautiful chocolate-brown eyes and that sweet, serious, curious little face ... Total love at first sight.

Anyway, we celebrated tonight with spaghetti (Josie's favorite) and the coziness of an impending snowstorm. Here are some pictures of my little sweetheart, then and now. awww.


Very first photo - look at those eyes!
.

Josie's Halloween party photo ...
.

Making "happy face" for Momma and Grammy ...

.

3 comments:

Rileyterfo said...

Congrats Kelly. Really makes your whole long journey worthwhile doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

Hard to believe it's over a year now that you meet Miss J. I am so happy for you both! :) V

bartlynn said...

Hello Kelly J,

I found your blog by googeling 'babyhouse n2 Almaty'. I don't know if you remember us, we saw eachother once 1 year ago in the babyhouse. On the 15th of december, we met our daugther for the first time in babyhouse n°2.

Maybe you can send me an email on Bartenlynn@gmail.com?

thank you very much

hope to hear form you soon

Bart, Lynn & our daugther Alya from Belgium