Friday, November 21, 2008

Kazakhstan bound!

I got the call yesterday afternoon that the Letter of Invitation had arrived! It confirms that we'll be traveling to Kazakhstan to meet my future daughter, leaving the weekend of December 6 (most likely, to get there before the 8th). My mom and dad will make the trip with me and we'll most likely be there over Christmas.

It was so hard to be here at work, instead of at home or with family and friends, since I wanted to laugh, cry, dance - all at once. Except for the ongoing dilemma of how to get my mom a travel visa with more than 30 days for the second trip ... the world is a happy place. Now, to rush around updating the last documents and figuring out how to pack light (LOL!)

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers for a safe and successful trip.

omg, this is so exciting!

1 comment:

Diana said...

Kelly,

What wonderful news! Your mom just emailed me with your Christmas travel plans. Your "labor" has so long, so stressful, and required such perserverance that the result will be all the more sweet.

My happiest congratulations,
Diana Barrett