Monday, March 16, 2009

It's Real!


After two weeks settling in and getting to know each other's ups and downs, Josie and I are really a family. I don't know what I'd do without her (although you know I do wonder what it'd be like to grocery shop alone, just once!). Every funny face, every sleepy cry ... even the teething-inspired whine or two ... just became a part of everyday life. Snuck up on me, you might say, without my seeing it coming : )

She's grown so much since she came home, and I don't mean just her chubby little belly (that's a good thing ... she was a bit low on the weight percentile). How do little people learn so much and figure out how everything works in such a short time? I AM IN AWE of this child. If only my brain cells were still firing that well ; - )

More later. I hear the dirty dishes calling from the sink.

Tomorrow the cable people come and reconnect me to the electronic world. Yay! A home office and my own internet connection! (No, don't even ask how I'm doing it now ...)

paka paka

4 comments:

Rileyterfo said...

That's why is so important to be home with them. They change every single day! It is simply amazing. Enjoy it while you can.

Karen Smithey said...

I'm so glad things are going well on that end. It's amazing, isn't it? I echo what t(terri?) says--enjoy.

Rileyterfo said...

Just don't blink. She'll get in high school before you know it!

keoghclan said...

Hi there. Just found your BLOG. Josie is lovely. What a little cutie. She has the look of our Orin (he is from Karakastek BH in Almaty region) when we met him in 2006 he had the large asian eyes (which now are smaller because of his big chubby Kazakh cheeks!!) Ha, ha....Kaz cuties are all beautiful.

Welcome home!