Saturday, March 28, 2009

One Month Home : )



Friday marked the day - one month since Josie and I began our life together at home. I can't say it hasn't been an adventure; it has been the biggest, riskiest and most monumental of my life so far.

But it's also been the richest and most rewarding month of my life: watching Josie learn all the new skills that babies seem to absorb like sponges; experiencing all the riches and sacrifices a new parent makes; and seeing the joy and welcome in the faces of my family, friends and neighbors (and in nearly every person we encounter at the store, on our walks ... well, the child IS adorable, if you forgive a mom's biased opinion).

We have 2 more weeks of leave time left, and then on to the new challenge of balancing work and family life. I'm sure that will be challenging and rewarding, also ...

Sharing with you a couple of shots of my happy little girl. Hopefully I can sort through the photos from a recent baby shower given by friend and post of few of those, too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy One Month Anniversary! Good to see you Saturday - Con enjoyed catching up and meeting Josie. :)