Thursday, January 22, 2009

Home again 2

We arrived back on Sunday in pretty good order. Odd airlines happenings in Almaty, though. We arrived with our new etickets for the new British Airways flight info (if you remember, KLM called my Dad on Saturday and had cancelled our KLM flight and rebooked us on British Airways). British Airways then told us that our reservation had been "cancelled," and that we should check back with KLM. Who had us back on the original flight ... long story short, it all worked out, but the added stress was a killer : ) My advice to anyone flying into or out of Almaty is to book yourself with plenty of leeway in case of changes ...

I'm working on Josie's room and babyproofing the house. I can't believe that she'll actually be here in a month! Will be making the big purchases (car seat, stroller, high chair) soon, so if anyone has advice ...

I'll post every so often as I prepare to go back for the final trip. There's still a bunch of US Embassy paperwork to complete, so I'm sure I'll stay busy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy kid-proofing. ;)

Make sure you sign up for registries and give us the info.

V

Anonymous said...

Kelly:

I just touched base withour Pal Val and she told me about your journey to motherhood. Wow. Josie is absolutely adorable. She has no idea how lucky she is to have you for a Mom! Let's try to schedule a date and time for a Gemini Ulumni get together so we can see you and your new addition. We all need a baby fix right?

Take care and good luck with the rest of the process.

Terrie