Friday, January 16, 2009

Josie says "hi"





Today we visited Josie for the first time as “legal” Mom and Grammy. She was somewhat unimpressed, but despite still feeling a bit punk, she did demonstrate to Grammy her new prowess in crawling. It was, of course, impressive and brought home to me how much she'll change in the next month while I'm away. Can't be helped, of course, but I wish I could just tuck her in my carryon and smuggle her off right NOW. Grammy enjoyed hearing her extensive vocabulary of sounds and watching a lot of “gum chewing.” : )

Anara accompanied us to the National Museum, which was filled with lots of interesting bits of Kazakhstan's history and development. Lots of nicely preserved artifacts (clothing, tools, jewelry, etc) and some very nice displays identifying the various nationalities living in Kaz. (Kazakh, Russian, Tatar, German, Polish, Korean, Uzebek, Jewish, etc). She very kindly walked us through the whole thing, explaining and translating as necessary. Very interesting. All this on a beautiful, sunny day, high of about 36 degrees.

1 comment:

Annie said...

She is adorable!!! I dropped in as my friend, Laura [Nugent] told me about your adventure and your blog! We've adopted four from Russia! No better thing has happened to me, so I rejoice with you.

A blog friend, also a single woman, adopted a little girl from Kazakhstan. Her blog is: http://www.lifewithelena.blogspot.com/