Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The upside ...






The upside to the day was getting to see J again. I got the call this morning that I was to be allowed to see her. Yay! However, when we arrived, we were told that she was sick and there was initially some doubt as to whether I could visit. I was okayed, but for a half-hour visit only. Apparently colds/virus/flu runs like wildfire through the rooms, and J's whole "group" had fallen ill.

She was a bit listless, so we took it all slowly. We rocked and I sang her the more soothing of my two-tune repertoire. She does really love music ... whether singing or toys. Maybe she'll keep that love of music all her life. I'd love that : )

My facilitator and translator arrived early this evening to review the court procedure, discuss the details of my "speech" to the judge and my answers to possible questions. It's all very nerve-wracking for me, because this court decision is so very important. Apparently families' experience in court varies widely, from "it was a breeze" to, well, the other end of the spectrum. I'm hoping for the former, but preparing for the latter. Anyway, we'll know on Thursday, hopefully. (Although the judge can take several days to decide).

I won't be able to visit J next week. Too many families on first trips using all the visiting rooms and too many sick babies. So, hopefully I get to see her a couple more times this week. It would be great to see her feeling better before I go home.

Got just a couple of photos after she perked up somewhat today. Not her usual wide-eyed, healthy wonder, but I'll share anyway : )

2 comments:

Karen Smithey said...

She's even prettier than she was before!It's only me and Katie home right now, but we've both been sitting her "ooohing" and "aaahing." She's gorgeous, and I can't wait until you get to bring her home!

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you lots today and sending all my good energy! The Cat Girls say "meow". All's well at the house. eHugs, Val