Thursday, February 12, 2009

8 more days ...


One week from tomorrow I leave for the final trip to Kazazkhstan. Will I miss the long flights over and back? No. Will I miss the interminable waiting between visits? No. Will I be so excited and nervous that I can't sit still or sleep? YES! (But save your pity for my mom, who'll be traveling with me : )

One more week and I'll officially be a "real" mom. 24/7 ... all day, every day. Diapers and new teeth and no sleep ... All the experienced moms out there can laugh, but I am really looking forward to the day-to-day, routine, boring, take-it-for-granted stuff. It means I finally got to that "prize" that I've had my eye on all this time.

In celebration of the countdown, I'm sharing a photo of the beautiful quilt my friend Karen made for Josie. It arrived yesterday from California, where the great artist resides (check out the artinthegarage.blogspot.com link to the right on this page).

I've known Karen since we were 18. She's a former math teacher who went on a mission several years ago to find her creative self. And did she ever! Karen is not only a painter and mixed media artist, but a talented writer, photographer and quilter, also. Check out some of her art quilts on her blog. THANKS, KAREN!

4 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

Hi, I came here from Karen's blog. I'm a long time follower of that creative womans wonderous art!
I am very excited for you and your "adventure" into motherhood!
I am excited for Josie too. How wonderful to be getting your baby from a far! I wish you both well and may the trip be smooth and the journey safe to home.
Enjoy the day to day watching her grow...it goes very fast when you are a grandma looking back on it as I am now. ;-)
And yes, the quilt is beautiful. I love the colors!

Cindy Jones Lantier said...

Hi! I came over from Karen's blog to see the quilt -- gorgeous! -- and to wish you well. I, too, am very excited for you and this wonderous adventure you are about to embark on. I wish both you and Josie well -- and your own mother, too, as she travels with you!

Enjoy the trip. Savor every moment of bringing Josie into your lives.

Anonymous said...

Whee! Only one more day now. See you tomorrow. :) V

Karen Smithey said...

Thinking of you today--hope you have a great trip!