Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Last day in Almaty

Well, we're down to the last day, here in Almaty. It's sad, in a way to be leaving the place of Josie's birth, and one day she may want to visit here, but I'm ready to go home and get started on our life together : )

A little update on the sweet thing ... hopefully I'll get another post in with a few photos before we head home, too.

---

Yesterday we were all suffering from J's lack of good sleeping during the night and tried to nap with her every time she slept. I guess this is what everyone told me about - the lack of sleep is killer : )

Got the Embassy paperwork filed on Tues. and had a quick meeting with Emb. official yesterday. I have all her adoption/birth certificate papers, along with a translation into English. Also have the ultra secret sealed envelope that I can't open - it goes to the immigration officials at the first US airport, where she touches the ground and becomes a US citizen.

She's a very good baby ... a little clingy - won't let me leave her, even to play on a blanket. That's getting better by the hour, though, and she's exploring a bit of her surroundings. I think she'll be all over the place at home, once she gets secure, but for now, doesn't go far. Except for some "staying asleep" issues, she goes down for sleep pretty easily and enjoys all her food.

Lots of playful smiles and interaction. She's a real character, and repeats sounds and kissy noises and all right back at you. A little charmer, she has Mom and I wrapped around her finger already : )

No comments: