Saturday, February 21, 2009

hello, from Amsterdam!

The long-awaited day finally arrived. Our final leg in the journey to Josie : ) Very soon she and I will begin our life's journey together, which is one of the best trips anyone could make.

Mom and I are in Amsterdam, having completed the first 2 flights smoothly and safely. In four hours we leave for Almaty, arriving at 6 am. We'll have one day child-free (Sunday), and then go to Baby House No. 2 on Monday morning to pick up Josie.

It's still so unreal to me that I will go home changed as a person and family. I remember when I started calling my mom and dad "grandma and grandpa" after their grandchildren began to arrive 17 years ago, and now I'll be "mom" instead of just me. Unbelievable.

This past week is a blur, filled with so much to do, and the anxious, overwhelming feeling that I left so much undone! My friends assure me that that means I'm already a parent, "so get used to it!" Oh, my.

I'll probably get in a few blog updates while in Almaty, maybe Josie and Grammy will do some, too : ) But, once I get home you'll have to be patient while I price out and get the cable and internet connections set up. Can you say "welcome to the 21st century?" (yes, I'm still watching analog tv, too)

.

2 comments:

Karen Smithey said...

Oh, the fun you're going to have! We're all thinking of you here! Say hello to Grammy for me, and give Josie an extra hug from the Smitheys!

Chandra said...

Hi Kelly!
Know that we are sending loads of happy thoughts to you as you trek around Kazakhstan again! :) I am so excited for you!
--Chandra