Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Countdown ... 3



Fun day today at the Baby House. We shared the 2nd floor room with the new family. Their daughter, 14 months old, was a bit uncertain and cried much of the time. J and I played our own games, but looked on in sympathy occasionally. Got some chuckles and baby babble, plus a lot of smiles today. Moments I'll remember : )

Back "home" and off to the last hike to the grocery with Mom. Mostly needed water (can't wait to get home to drink unlimited water ... right from my own tap!) and some yogurt and fruit to tide us over until we leave.

Sad to think of leaving J behind, but we're so much closer to our future together. I would've had a hard time making this trip without the support of my mom and dad, who've shown me how far a parent is really willing to go to make their child happy. The best Christmas present I could ever receive!

* photo at top of Maigul, main caregiver at Baby House No. 2; and a pensive shot of Ms. J from today

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
I just sent an email to your Gemini address, but I'll repeat: Found out an old friend left a week (or two?) ago for Kazakhstan to adopt a baby and on the off-chance she and her husband were going to where you are, I thought I'd mention it! Cherise and Dave VanderHeide, from GR but live in Holland (MI). Both tall and blond (duh ... Dutch!).
Enjoying your posts and photos ... I just want to squeeze "ms. J"!!
Donna