Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Day 11


Day 11 was Monday. I started out early, joining another (new) family working with the same facilitators, but with a different adoption agency. They brought with them their 6-year-old daughter and we all squeezed together in the van. They were on their first day: city council building, meeting baby for the first time. Kind of fun to look back to my first day with J. : )

J and I had fun in the first floor visiting room. Not our favorite room as it's not as sunny and the pink walker toy is upstairs. Shorter visit because we came later, but important in that it's our last official visitation day. I did get the word that I'll be able to visit her all week, though, right up until we leave. Yay.

Picked up Mom and we all went to the American Bar & Grille (Am Bar), which is sort of a diner-like restaurant with English menus and wait staff with pretty good English. We had burgers and fries, but they have a bunch of down home choices. Light dinner at "home" and watched an entire soccer match. Yes, I know.

In case you wonder ... television-wise: we've watched soccer, skating, table tennis match, a well-dubbed Russian version of "Meet the Fockers," (yeah, I know) and a badly dubbed episode of "Friends." Beats CNN and BBC, once they start repeating : )

later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Christmas! I'll see you for the New Year. Hello to J and Mom. Have a safe journey back home. :)
eHugs, Val